Modification and Enforcement

Modifications to Divorce Agreement, Enforcing a Divorce Decree

Child Support, Child Custody, Alimony

Although a final judgment has been entered, post-judgment issues of modification and enforcement often arise. Either party may bring a petition for an increase or decrease in the child support amount whenever the financial circumstances of either party have substantially changed and it is in the best interests of the child. For a modification of child support, child custody or alimony, there must be a substantial change in circumstances that was not contemplated at the time of entry of the final judgment and the change must be sufficient, material, involuntary and permanent. A parties’ property settlement is not subject to modification.

Despite having secured a judgment, a party’s compliance is not necessarily guaranteed. Whether it be to enforce a property division, child support enforcement, or to enforce an award of alimony, it is important that you receive what you are entitled to.¬†At The Law Office of Jordan Gerber, P.A, we stress to our clients the importance of taking the appropriate legal action immediately when dealing with issues of modification and enforcement. The negative effects of waiting too long to act can be devastating.

If you are a candidate for modification or seeking enforcement, click Boca Raton Divorce Lawyer today schedule your consultation. We will perform a detailed review of your original judgment, assess your current needs and concerns, and provide you with available options under Florida law even if we did not represent you in the original proceeding. You have come this far, there is no point in giving up now.

Read More About Modification & Enforcement on Ms. Gerber’s Blog

Alimony in Florida
Contempt - A Remedy for Non-Compliance
Divorce and Child Custody Modification
Child Support Enforcement in Florida

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.