Good Divorce Lawyers Know that the Best Interest of the Child trumps Florida Child Support Guidelines
Children of divorce often become unintended victims without conscious assent. Of course, as any loving parent would, you never mean to hurt your kids. In fact, you have probably spent their lives doing anything you can to protect them. When faced with a Florida family law issue, things change. Emotions run high and it’s no surprise you might not be thinking clearly.
After all, the kids are always around. They know the parties involved better than anyone and may have mediated arguments in the past. They may even become a spouses one means of firm communication with the other party. Wrong decision. Phrases like West Palm Beach child support guidelines is something a child should never be stating.
Boca Raton Custody Lawyer Explains How Children Of Divorce Can Flourish As Long As You Focus On The Best Interest Of The Child
Spouses dealing with a divorce property division have it easy because of the clear cut rules about what property spouse keeps. Consequently, divorce cases involving a divorce family are different. There are important directions and legal guidelines to remember when handling the intersection of Florida divorce and children. Unfortunately, not so good divorce lawyers don’t seem to care. Parenting children is hard on its own. Parenting divorced is another story. The first thing to always remember is that a child should never carry messages to the other parent. Every divorce attorney should stress this. In conclusion, try to be as civil as possible with your ex.
Attorneys divorce guidelines should include the lesson that even if your marriage fell apart, you still have children parent duties. It doesn’t matter how unfair you feel West Palm Beach child support guidelines Florida are. Make sure information flows freely, notifying the other parent of all the happenings in your child’s life (both good and bad). Alert them to any functions or appointments they should attend, whether you think they will show or not. The right amounts support come from a kids parents. If you and your ex absolutely can’t communicate, there are great resources in Palm Beach fl that minimize conflict for children of divorce. Seek help from your child lawyer or a law firm recommendation for a good parenting coordinator.
Good Divorce Lawyers Will Tell You That The Child Support Guidelines Florida Imposes Shouldn’t Affect The Best Interest Of The Child
While the effects of divorce on children are not uniform, it doesn’t take a Harvard attorney law grad to assume that added conflict is never good. Even if you are more War of the Roses than co-parents of the year, keep it in check. A parents support is fundamental during a families divorce. Put yourself in their shoes. Children of divorce have it hard enough, they don’t need the two people they count on the most to make it harder for them. Especially over something like West Palm Beach child support. Child support lawyers can only do so much.
Boca Raton Custody Lawyer On The Role Of Florida Statute 61.13 In Making Sure The Best Interest Of The Child Is Top Priority For Children Of Divorce
The best interest of the child is the primary consideration in all parenting plans. Good divorce lawyers will never let a client forget this.
Florida family court judges determination of the best interests of the child is made by evaluating factors dealing with children of divorce including, but not limited to:
- The demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to facilitate and encourage a close and continuing parent-child relationship, to honor the time sharing schedule, and to be reasonable when changes are required.
- The anticipated division of parental responsibilities after the litigation, including the extent to which parental responsibilities will be delegated to third parties.
- The demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to determine, consider, and act upon the needs of the child instead of their own.
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment and the desirability of maintaining continuity.
- The geographic viability of the parenting plan.
- The moral fitness of the parents.
- The mental and physical health of the parents.
- The home, school, and community record of the child.
- The reasonable preference of the child.
- The demonstrated knowledge, capacity, and disposition of each parent to be aware of the circumstances of the minor child.
- Each parent’s desire and ability to provide a consistent routine for the child.
- The demonstrated capacity of each parent to communicate with and keep the other parent informed of issues and activities regarding the minor child.
Additional Florida Statute 61.13 Factors To Ensure The Best Interest Of The Child Is Top Priority For Children Of Divorce
- Evidence of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, child abandonment, or child neglect, regardless of whether a prior or pending action relating to those issues has been brought. If the court accepts evidence of prior or pending actions regarding domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, child abandonment, or child neglect, the court must specifically acknowledge in writing that such evidence was considered when evaluating the best interests of the child.
- Evidence that either parent has knowingly provided false information to the court regarding any prior or pending action regarding domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, child abandonment, or child neglect.
- The particular parenting tasks customarily performed by each parent and the division of parental responsibilities. This includes the extent to which parenting responsibilities were undertaken by third parties.
- The demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to court support and be involved in the child’s activities.
- The demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to maintain an environment for the income child which is free from substance abuse.
- The capacity and disposition of each parent to protect the child from the ongoing litigation.
- The developmental stages and needs of the child. Including the demonstrated capacity and disposition of each parent to meet the child’s developmental needs.
- Any other factor that is relevant to the determination of a specific parenting plan, including the time sharing schedule.
Boca Raton Custody Lawyer Reminds You That Child Support Guidelines Florida Are Based On Income. Children Of Divorce Should Have Nothing To Do With It.
Florida Statute 61.30 states that gross income to be included in West Palm Beach child support amounts include:
- Salary or wages.
- Bonuses, commissions, allowances, overtime, tips, and other similar payments.
- Business income from sources such as self-employment, partnership, close corporations, and independent contracts. Support incomes in this case are gross receipts minus ordinary and necessary expenses required to produce income.
- Disability benefits.
- All workers’ compensation benefits and settlements.
- Reemployment assistance or unemployment compensation.
- Pension, retirement, or annuity payments.
- Social security benefits.
- Spousal support received from a previous marriage or court ordered alimony in the marriage before the family court.
- Interest and dividends.
- Rental income.
- Income from royalties, trusts, or estates.
- Reimbursed expenses or in kind payments to the extent that they reduce living expenses.
- Gains derived from dealings in property, unless the gain is nonrecurring.
Good Divorce Lawyers Will Explain How Children Of Divorce Are Protected From Fights Over Child Support Guidelines Florida
A court can adjust the minimum child support guidelines Florida mandates based on the refusal of the parent to become involved in the activities of the child. A parent’s failure to regularly exercise time sharing is a substantial change of circumstances. This is required to modify a West Palm Beach child support award. The modification will be retroactive to the date the parent first failed to regularly exercise time sharing. Also, if a parent doesn’t follow a West Palm Beach child support order, the other parent can’t refuse to honor the parent’s time-sharing rights. This goes both ways. If a parent refuses to honor a parent’s time sharing rights, the other parent can’t ignore their obligation under the child support guidelines Florida. This is another measure to protect children of divorce and ensure the best interest of the child is top priority.
Click Boca Raton Custody Lawyer today to schedule your consultation. Divorce Lawyers Boca Raton Based Proudly Serve Palm Beach County, Florida. Family Lawyer Boca Raton Assists in all matters of Florida Family Law.
Palm Beach County Family Law Attorneys Practice Areas Include:
Simplified Dissolution of Marriage
Child Custody Laws
Child Support Guidelines Florida
Florida Parenting Plan
Time Sharing In Florida For The Best Interest Of The Child
West Palm Beach Child Support
50 50 Custody
Relocation Under Florida Statute 61.13001
Florida Statutes Chapter 39
Modification of Child Custody In Florida
Florida Child Support Enforcement